`

Blog

Don't take the post dates on this page as a measure of how often I blog. I update my Books page and Euler page quite often.

Towel Seat

Posted: 24 July 2013

So… Our wheels are finally complete! We drilled the washer and the sprocket onto the wheel with the inner ring of the plastic wheel. Charles used 6 screws for Chibikart. 6 screws sounds legit, but we thought we would just go 12 for extra safety :D Loctite-ed bolt. I think...

Naming the Kart

Posted: 24 July 2013

We have decided. After much deliberation. To name our kart the BATT MOBILE. BATT MOBILE!

Loctite

Posted: 23 July 2013

The red stuff is Loctite. And so we’ve finally started loctiting our stuff. All our wheels are now liberally blessed with loctite, and soon our entire cart will be loctited. Mwahaha. The brake lever in the photo now works as well. Woohoo. That said, we’re having a huge problem with...

All waterjet parts are in, assembly begins!

Posted: 21 July 2013

Drilling Milling the messed up waterjet parts Precisiong drilling. It's quite a thin strip of plastic we have to drill into. Drilling again Drilling the tiny holes on the wheel Alright, relatively short blog post here. So we bought our sprockets from McMaster but the 6 holes that come with...

Wood has evolved to Metal!

Posted: 12 July 2013

A significant portion of our parts were waterjetted from sheet aluminium today! I’ve never used a waterjet before so that was utterly awesome. Charles and Justin, awesome dudes who helped us waterjet it and brought the metal sheets to the archi lab and back to IDC. The sign is very...